- Knowledge of San Juan Diego History.
- Visit of sacred places and most representative of Mexican Culture.
- Find out Syncretism existing in buildings built in 14th century.
A very Mexican Saint.
Know symbolic places of the indigenous saint life. We start visiting Cuatitlan, in Estado de Mexico state, where you can visit the sanctuary of “Santuario de la Siempre Virgen María de Guadalupe”. This sanctuary was built where San Juan Diego was born and where he lived with his uncle Bernardino. We continue to Santa Maria Tulpetlac church. Here the fifth manifestation of Virgin of Guadalupe has occurred. After that, we continue to Teotihuacan, the most famous archeological site of this area and known as “place of the Gods”. After the visit, return to Mexico City.
- Know the importance of Tlatelolco precolombian neighborhood.
- Admire the original “tilma” where the image of the Virgin of Guadaliupe was stagged.
- Discover the religious, architectonic and artistic value of one of the most important worship center of the city and of Latin America.
THE BIGGEST SANCTUARY IN MEXICO
Our day begins visiting Santiago Tlatelolco church, built in a place where “Mexica” population resisted military more than 80 days against Spanish Conquistadores.
We continue to the most important sanctuary in Mexico and Latin America: Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe, where every 12th December thousands of pilgrims go to commemorate the manifestation of Virgin Mary to San Juan Diego. After that, we return to the city center and we visit of the Metropolitan Cathedral, colonial treasure and place of the primary archdiocese of Mexico; here we can visit also the Archbishop’s vault (subject to approval of the authorities)
- Visit of the most important sanctuaries of Tlaxcala states.
- Admire the beautiful expression of indigenous baroque.
- Explore one of the most beautiful and important Mexican city
SAINT MICHEAL ARCHANGEL MANIFESTATION
San Miguel del Milagro is situated in Nativitas, a town in the state of Tlaxcala (nearby the archeological site of Cacatla). The catholic sanctuary of Saint Micheal Archangel is situated in this town, where the legend say that in 1631 the angel appeared. Every year pilgrims from all over the country go to the sanctuary to celebrate the three manifestations: 1st on April 25th, 2nd on May 8th and 3rd on Novembre 13th.
- Visit of San Juan Diego home.
- Visit two of the oldest and most representative neighborhood of the city
- Find out the expression of syncretism in the colonial architecture